Aid worker's family criticise 'empty apologies'

The family of a British aid worker killed by an Israeli drone strike in Gaza have accused the government of giving "nothing but empty apologies".
James Kirby, 47, from Bristol was one of seven World Central Kitchen (WCK) killed in the attack, in which two other Britons also died.
The group was travelling in a convoy of marked vehicles when it was fired upon by Israeli armed drones on 1 April last year.
The deaths of the three Britons was raised in Parliament on Tuesday, with Foreign Office minister Hamish Falconer telling MPs he had met the families of those killed in November, alongside the Foreign Secretary.

He also called on Israel to "quickly and thoroughly conclude" its investigation into the air strike.
Louise Kirby, Mr Kirby's cousin, said on Tuesday "the lack of justice and accountability" had been "equally devastating" to the pain of losing him.
Marking the one-year anniversary of his death, she added that "despite repeated calls for answers" the family had been "met with silence" from the government.
"It is disheartening to note that after all this time, we still have no concrete proof of accountability from any responsible party," she said.
"The government's response has been nothing but empty apologies, which are, and will never be, sufficient."
Ms Kirby said her family were "deeply concerned that breach of policy or laws" might have occurred, adding they were worried they may be missing information about his death due to a lack of investigation.
She has called on the British government to carry out a "formal, in-depth investigation", with evidence presented in court to ensure "full transparency and accountability".
"We want justice for James and the truth to be known, no matter how difficult or uncomfortable that may be," she said.

Britons John Chapman, 57, and James "Jim" Henderson, 33, were also killed in the incident.
The relief team's leader, Australian national Lalzawmi "Zomi" Frankcom, 43, also died, with dual American-Canadian citizen Jacob Flickinger, 33; Polish national Damian Sobol, 35; and their driver, Palestinian Saifeddin Issam Ayad Abutaha, 25.
The Israeli Embassy and the Foreign Office have been contacted for comment.
Last year, the Israeli Embassy said "a serious failure was made due to a mistaken identification as well as errors in decision-making", and two officers were dismissed and three others reprimanded.
Ms Kirby thanked the King and Queen, who sent them letters of condolence; as well as David Cameron, the former secretary of state for the Foreign Office; and former Conservative MP Charlotte Leslie for their support.
She also thanked Bristol's Muslim community for their "ongoing solidarity" and standing with them in "our quest for justice".
Speaking in Parliament on Tuesday, Mr Falconer described the incident as an "appalling tragedy".
The families, he said, "are determined to see justice for their family members, and I know the whole chamber will be united in that determination."
Follow BBC Bristol on Facebook, X and Instagram. Send your story ideas to us on email or via WhatsApp on 0800 313 4630.